Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Frontier Communications Suck



Sigh...

Here’s the deal...you would THINK that a company that deals in communications would be, uh, able to communicate.  Obviously not.

A few months ago we got slammed with a HUGE bill.  For some reason we were suddenly charged double or something for our cable/internet/phone package.

I called them up and they gave me this sort of “shrug” of the shoulders.  “Uh, we don’t know WHAT HAPPENED!!  We’ll check on that.  How about you re-new for your same package as a package rate may have fallen off and we’ll reset you and give you better/more channels and give you a credit.”

Now, understand, we pay about $150 a month for all three and it had bounced to $270.  So the following month it went “down” to $170 and then, to credit our account, we got a bill for $16.  And then back up to $170ish.  Okay.  We’re good to go - all is right in our technological world.

But then, for some reason, in this “reset” – they had changed us to “on-line bill pay only.”  So I panicked when I hadn’t seen the bill and went on-line and changed it back to “mail only.”  I paid it on-line and was done with it.

A month goes by and again, no bill in the mail.  I go back on-line and I see that we’re still “on-line bill pay only.”  I’m like:  WHAT THE HELL?!

Well, you see, there’s this LIIIIIIIITLE box that I was supposed to click and then click on the button that says “continue” – but this button looks like ALL THE OTHER buttons.  It’s not larger, a different color, or anything else to set it apart.  So it’s easy to miss.

                                You know, something like this....

Once again, I paid it on-line and then decided to set up an “automatic pay” so I can just not deal with this crap anymore.  They’re good at sending me an e-mail telling me my bill is ready and how much it is – so I’ve got that, at least.

This month was the first “auto-pay” and I’d already written it down in my check-book as having come out but it’s supposed to come out at the first of the month and I had yet to see an e-mail saying that the payment had been processed.

                                                Or this...

Once again I go online and see that everything is all set and good to go – why hasn’t the payment been made. OOOOOOOOH, yeah, there’s that little “continue” button that’s hiding in plain sight.  I hit the “continue” button and it says:  “Okay, you’re all set for auto bill pay.”

But...wait.  It’s the 4th and it was supposed to come out the 1st.  Is it suddenly going to retroactively remove the payment that should have come out 3 days prior or...am I just setting this up for NEXT month?

I call Frontier and ask them what is going to happen.  Once again I get a bit of a shrug:  “Just to be safe, go ahead and do an one-time payment, and that way it’s covered.  I don’t THINK you’re going to be paying twice.  But go ahead and take off the auto-pay and then, after your payment goes through, put the auto-pay back on.”  Okay, fine.  So I do the on-line payment and figure it’s done, taken care of, good to go.

                                         Or, even, THIS!!

Where’s my confirmation e-mail?  When I order something off of Amazon, or GOG, or ANYPLACE I usually get an e-mail within 10 minutes saying:  “Hey, thanks for the payment.  Know that your order is being processed...blah blah blah....”

No confirmation e-mail.  No nothing.

To circumvent this, I log onto my bank account online and see that no payments have been taken out either on the 1st or on the 4th or...

Once again I call Frontier up and talk to a customer service person.  It even SAYS ON THE WEBSITE that once payment has been processed I’ll get an e-mail.  That’s great, but where the hell is the payment?  The customer service rep says:  “It takes 48 hours for it to process.”  What?  Okay, fine, how about an e-mail then saying:  “Payment received, it will take 48 hours to process?”  “We don’t send out e-mails like that.”  EXCUSE ME?!  Well, he asks me if I got a confirmation number when I did the “on-line” payment.

I can’t remember if I got a confirmation number.  That usually is forwarded to me via e-mail – something Frontier obviously doesn’t care to use or know about.

                       This would have been perfect and clear...


Now I have to wait 48 hours (past the due date of my bill) to find out if, in fact, it went “through” or if I didn’t click a DIFFERENT “continue” box or whatever.  He notes that the “worst that can happen” is that I’ll be charged a $7 late fee for paying the bill late.  My credit rating, he swears, won’t be hurt – but he’ll make a note to waive the late fee because I’ve been trying to pay.

I know – why don’t you just enter the 21st Century and make it clear and simple?  How about that?

Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment